Two-week hosting opportunity
This summer we will be hosting Chinese students for a U.S. History Camp from Thursday, July 19th - Wednesday, August 1st. Each student will experience GCA classes and field trips.
1. What is required of a Host family?
The health and safety of each student is our highest priority and so we ask our host families to abide by our policies outlined in our host parent handbook. Once approved, a host family is required to provide:
- Breakfast and dinner Monday through Friday and Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks on the weekends.
- A separate bed, which can be in a shared room with one host sibling of similar age and same gender, and a quiet place to study.
- Local transportation (school, grocery store, clothing store etc.)
- Open communication, encouragement, patience and sound Godly advice.
- Treatment as a member of the family, which may include household rules, responsibilities, and privileges.
- You are not required to provide clothing or pay for medical needs.
2. What are the requirements for becoming a host parent?
- Host Application.
- Background check.
- Ministry Safe Training.
- Pastoral/Church reference.
- Family Friend reference.
- Home Visit.
- Host Family Orientation.
- Application and requirements must be completed and signed by all adults living in the home.
- A host parent must also be a church-attending Christian with the ability to love someone as part of their own family.
3. How long does a host student stay?
Students will be here for 13 days, from July 19th, 2018 to August 1st, 2018.
4. What places am I required to take them?
As host parents, you are required to take your student/s to and from school daily. Please DO NOT put your student in a taxi or Uber for transportation. You are also required to take your student to church, shopping for personal needs, and entertainment.
5. Is there compensation?
The host parents are paid $40.00 a day per student July 19th through August 1st.
6. What if the student gets injured or sick?
Students are required to carry international medical insurance. Generally, the students will pay for the doctor visit with a personal credit card. In case the student cannot pay the initial fee, please contact our offices for help.
7. What if I have questions about adjusting to my host student? Who do I contact?
You will have access, support, and advice from your housing coordinator who will help pair you with a student and monitor your experience during your student’s stay.